istanbul

istanbul

A Shot in the Dark: Late Night Chat

I'm at a quiet corner on a tropical island. Out of the blue, a surrealist scene emerges right in front of my eyes in the darkness of the night. Two men are chatting by the bar that illuminates itself alone in the middle of nothingness. I found myself watching this scene, remaining in the darkness. A warm atmosphere, the roof of the bar is decorated with colorful lights. Nevertheless, an unspoken sadness looms in the air. The men look as if they are exchanging grievances, tranquile, as if they are the only ones left in the whole world.

After a while I came to my senses and took the following photograph.

15mm, f:2.8, 1/13 sec, ISO 800

They say that a photograph is worth a thousand words. To me, this shot is one of those pictures. I, for one wouldn't be able to describe this scene with words.

Handheld as always, without a tripod. Then I postprocessed to jpg using Rawtherapee.

(English text by Banu Büyükkal)

No comments:

Post a Comment